Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A wizard is never late. But then, I'm no wizard.

What are you talking about?  I've definitely been here the whole time, keeping you updated.  And said updates have definitely been in a timely fashion.  I don't know what you're thinking, but stop laughing at me.

Anyway, so...after that last time, what did I get up to?  Ah, there were fun things, I assure you.  For example, the day after, we were invited downstairs to the Magalhaes' for a ward activity for the Portugese ward.  Then again, it ended up being a singles ward activity, as the only people there were young singles.  Which was odd, because I had been getting used to being in a family ward.  But not so weird, I guess, since I was in a large group of single ladies.  And Chris.  Anyway, the party was fun--they had delicious food (Really great beans and rice, awesome desserts, and I think there were chips or something.  Hey, it was a while ago, give me a break!) (I mean...I'm on top of this...yeah...)  So we ate, we danced (some), and generally enjoyed ourselves.

The next day was Saturday; I went in the morning to a book signing.  I kind of found it amusing that I was going to a book signing for a professor from BYU (Brandon Sanderson), but I wanted to read his new book.  I was 1/3 of the way through by the time I got there, too...Hey, when I start reading his books, I find myself rather...sucked in.  They're hard to put down.  Speaking of which, you should all read his books.

The next day, I was giving a talk in Sacrament Meeting, as was one of the other girls in our ward group.  I'd based mine on President Uchtdorf's talk from the October General Conference.  That morning, the printer was fussy, the tube threw us off because part of the route had closed, I almost fell on my face on the way out of the tube station, the bus was late and didn't come until sacrament meeting was half over and we finally got to church with 15 minutes left of the meeting and the bishopric was almost visibly sweating.  The other speaker must have been going for 30 minutes by that time, but we both got 5 minutes for our talks and I tried to make sure I kept it short so we finished on time.  It was a good experience, though, even with all of the trouble.

The next day...oh, the next day!  Hopped on a bus in the morning and drove over to a wonderful little town on the river Avon where they apparently forded Strats, whatever those may be..  It was a cool day and we got off at Anne Hathaway's house.  It was actually a rather large house for the time, as her father was quite well-off.  I especially liked the clockwork spit-turning mechanism.

1 comment: